A MOP inspection follows a specific order or steps in cleaning the guest room to ensures no item or area is missed and promotes consistency in the room cleaning process. The form has 10 primary areas and cleaning steps with each area having varying amounts of sub-categories. The process starts with a clean, organized, and properly stocked cart and ends with a "last look" of the guest room ensuring that it is clean, organized, and has no maintenance issues.
Path: Process Inspect
1. Select the Room Number and the name of the Room Attendant being observed.
2. The observation is conducted in a vacant/dirty room. The score will begin with all 31 items "missed". Any items missed will be left unchecked. The Pass or Fail decision is at the discretion of the inspector except for three areas deemed as auto-fail:
- Guest security: Failure to check the U-bolt/dead bolt.
- Extreme Contamination: For example using a rag to clean the coffee maker that was just used to clean the toilet.
- Items of the previous guest left in the drawer(s): Failure to open and check drawers.
Inspection Score Examples
Example #1 - Score at the beginning.
Example #2 - All boxes have been completed from the 10 key areas, however, an auto-fail was flagged because of Failure to Open and Check Drawers
Example #3 - Four items were missed and scored as passing.